A walk on Thursday, October 30th from 170th Street & 90th Ave to Foch Blvd revealed block after block after block of quality of life issues not being enforced from Department of Transportation, Department of Buildings, Department of Sanitation and others, plus it shows just the kind of people that we have living in our community and others who do business here and do not give a shit. CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.
After viewing this, one cannot say that Jamaica is not in shambles. I mean what other community would allow all of this, does Forest Hills looks like this? As usual not one of our leaders (Comrie, Miller, Wills, Scarborough, Cook, Sanders, Meeks, Katz, church leaders) have stood up to address this. The only conclusion that I can come to is that communities of color do not give a shit, neither the people who live here nor the leaders.
1. Two triangles surrounded by curbs at the intersection of Liberty & Merrick Blvd. One normal, one completely destroyed by being used as an illegal parking lot by more than likely MTA which sits across from the one. Any other community, these two areas would be beautiful green spaces, but here in Jamaica one looks okay and the other is a mess of cars illegally parked.
2. Sports Line Auto Repair (104-15 Merrick Blvd). Cars completely blocking the right lane of Merrick Blvd, which is used by buses. Major traffic problems along Merrick due to this double parking.
3. Next to Custom Wheels (104-28 Merrick Blvd). Cars parked illegally on sidewalk.
4. First World Auto Service (106-04 Merrick Blvd). Cars, some without plates, up on sidewalks.
5. Across from Allen Cathedral Senior Residence (107-02 Merrick Blvd).
6. Across from 107-45 Merrick Blvd. The typical smashed cars on the streets, this is a constant problem on Merrick Blvd and side streets.
7. 108th Ave and Merrick Blvd. Car up on sidewalk
8. 108th Dr and Merrick Blvd. All type of smashed cars on this block.
9. Vacant church across from 109-30 Merrick Blvd. Garbage galore and an illegal clothing bin.
9. Rev. Flake’s parking lot on Merrick Blvd next to 110-24 Merrick Blvd. Continuous illegal dumping of garbage from apartments above stores on this block. This area is a mess, so what kind of church leader is Floyd Flake.
10. 110th and Merrick Blvd. Illegally placed business signs. Although I called and ILLEGALLY stated I was a DOS enforcement officer and the individual came within 20 minutes and removed them. Not to hard if if you put in the effort and do YOUR JOBS.
11. Sidewalk with missing curb (169-18 Foch Blvd and broken sidewalk (169-18 Foch Blvd). I reported this months ago to DOB and nothing. Elderly people in this area with canes have to maneuver around this broken sidewalk.
12. Queens Truck Repair (168-17 Liberty Street). Equipment blocking sidewalk.
13. Apartments across from 168-17 Liberty Street. Car up on sidewalk.
14. 170th St and 93rd Ave. Just one of thousands of illegally placed signs all over our community. I could not even remove this small sign because of the adhesive that was used.
15. Overflowing garbage can at Jamaica Avenue & 170th St.
16. Trucks driving illegally on 170th Street.
Talk about your broken window theory. All of these issues have been going on for years, many have been reported by myself and other, yet they continue over and over again. This community looks like one big ghetto mess because of all this nonsense that is not being addressed and not being enforced. Would any of this bullshit fly in Forest Hills, NO. But here in Jamaica our clown leaders allow this shit to continually happen and no one has stepped up to the plate, not even the lifer of politics, Leroy Comrie. Obviously none of you are ashamed that your community looks like SHIT and people and businesses know that and so they just shit all over a community of color because they can and they know not a damn thing will happen to them. And for those of you out there who say, “No, it does not” or “that it is only a small part of Jamaica”. BULLSHIT, this walk today was all over the place and guess what, this was not even the worse.
Jamaica, building a future of CRAP by leaders of CRAP!