Folks, it is your community and because of where we live with low-class ghetto folks, slumlords and shady businesses doing whatever they want, you must be vigilant and file 311 complaints, OFTEN. If you can take photos, better and then send them to your asshole elected leaders and write to agency commissioner on line. Some 311 complaints like illegal conversions and unsecured fences, allow you to upload photos.
Here is where to do that for some of the various quality of life issues.
- Broken, uneven or damage sidewalk: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/423/how-do-i-report-a-broken-raised-or-uneven-sidewalk
2. Abandoned vehicles/trucks parked too long with plates or without plates: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/989/abandoned-vehicle
3. Illegal conversions & houses ( I had DOB shut down two in my area and watched as the riff-raff were all escorted out): http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1891/illegal-building-conversion-or-occupancy-complaint
4. Garbage complaints from overflowing cans, uncovered garbage cans, household garbage in public cans, dirty sidewalks, illegal posters, garbage strewn vacant lots, etc: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dsny/contact/complaints.shtml
5. Falling down Fences or Unsecured Fence: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1651/fence-complaint
6. Illegal Truck driving on residential streets: https://www1.nyc.gov/apps/311universalintake/form.htm?serviceName=NYPD+Traffic+Truck+Route+Violation
7. Continuous playing of music from Ice Cream Trucks while parked: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/3019/noise-from-ice-cream-truck
8. Various Noise Complaints from churches to neighbors: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/323/does-nyc-have-noise-rules
ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT in our community. File constantly and ALWAYS. The more the better. Make these damn agencies work for their salary. Hell, we pay enough taxes.
I alone this year filed over 100 illegal truck driving complaints, 28 just in March and that does not count the illegal parking, garbage complaints, vacant lots, sidewalks, etc. I bet I easily clocked this year 1000, not counting all the emails sent to politicians, etc.