Folks, it is your community and because of where we live,especially in Jamaica/SE Queens with low-class ghetto folks, slumlords and shady businesses doing whatever they want, you must be vigilant and file 311 complaints, OFTEN. If you can take photos, better and then send them to your asshole elected leaders and write to agency commissioners on line. Some 311 complaints like illegal conversions and unsecured fences, allow you to upload photos.
I have compiled links to various 311 quality of life issues as well as writing on-line forms to each City Agency (DOB, DOS, etc) Commissioner. I do it all the time and actually get a letter sent to me on what was done. I have also compiled a link to find your Community Board and all your elected officials and how to contact them in regards to complaints as well as TV media contacts for problems.
This is not just for SE Queens, BUT all of New York City. So if you are having issues in your neighborhood, don’t just bitch, do something and don’t expect that someone else will do it. INCREASE those 311 complaints and have them be blown through the roof. A source told me that 311 complaints have jumped up much in the past few weeks.
Remember you can be anonymous if you wish, but I suggest not to, but that is your choice.
So use this and pass this information on to all concerned citizens who WANT TO TAKE BACK THEIR COMMUNITIES & STOP THE BULLSHIT.
HAPPY 311 COMPLAINTS MONTHS!!
Here is where to do that for some of the various quality of life issues.
- Broken, uneven or damage sidewalk: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/423/how-do-i-report-a-broken-raised-or-uneven-sidewalk
2. Abandoned vehicles/trucks parked too long with plates or without plates: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/989/abandoned-vehicle
3. Illegal conversions & houses ( I had DOB shut down two in my area and watched as the riff-raff were all escorted out): http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1891/illegal-building-conversion-or-occupancy-complaint
4. Garbage complaints from overflowing cans, uncovered garbage cans, household garbage in public cans, dirty sidewalks, illegal posters, garbage strewn vacant lots, etc: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dsny/contact/complaints.shtml
5. Unsecured Fence: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1651/fence-complaint
6. Illegal Truck driving on residential streets: https://www1.nyc.gov/apps/311universalintake/form.htm?serviceName=NYPD+Traffic+Truck+Route+Violation
7. Continuous playing of music from Ice Cream Trucks while parked: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/3019/noise-from-ice-cream-truck
8. Various Noise Complaints from churches to neighbors: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/323/does-nyc-have-noise-rules
You should also write a complaint on line to the various department’s commissioners AND OFTEN. Easy to do, I do it all the time, when I file a 311 complaint. Here are the various commissioner’s.
- Department of Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg (sidewalk & road conditions, illegal truck driving complaints, businesses blocking sidewalks with merchandise displays, cars, etc ): http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/contact/contact-form.shtml
2. Department of Sanitation Commissioner Kathyrn Garcia: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildos.html
3. Department of Buildings Commisssioner Rick Chandler (shady construction, illegal conversions, fences falling down, storing commercial vehicles on residential property) : http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildob.html
4. NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mailnypd.html
5. Department of Environment Protection Emily Lloyd (noise like ice cream trucks & churches, noisy manhole covers, hazardous materials, air quality from polluting waste stations in your area): http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildep.html
6. Mayor’s Office (ALL ISSUES) : http://www.nyc.gov/html/static/pages/officeofthemayor/contact.shtml
Of course, you should know who your elected officials are and community board and email them or call them as well.
- Find your community board: http://www.nyc.gov/html/cau/html/cb/cb.shtml
2. Find your City Council Member: http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml
3. Find your Assembly Member: http://assembly.state.ny.us/
4. Find your Senator: https://www.nysenate.gov/senators-committees
5. Find your Congress Member: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NY
Here are some media contacts if your issue is not being resolved.
- WPIX Help Me Howard: http://pix11.com/contact-help-me-howard/
2. WPIX Arnold Diaz: WhataShame@pix11.com
3. WPIX Greg Mocker: MOCKER@PIX11.COM
4. WPIX Monica Morales: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. NY1: 212-379-3599. Also online at http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/contact-us.html. Choose CONTACT A SPECIFIC DEPARTMENT, NY1 for your assistance.
PASS THIS ALONG.