You live in your community and some of you work it in, so treat it with respect, show some fucking damn pride for a change instead of making it a garbage dump and then some of you will complain that your area is getting “gentrified” or the knew ghetto term I am seeing lately “colonization”. If you all took care of you damn communities (and this really goes out to the communities of color) then you would not have to worry about developers swooping in and taking over.
So for your 2017 resolution instead of worrying about shit you have no control over like Trump being president or other shit out of your hand, think LOCALLY and take care of your community. That means stop throwing fucking damn litter out of your parked cars onto streets and sidewalks, clean up in front of your businesses & homes (especially some of those slob third world businesses on Bangladeshi Avenue (Hillside Ave), stop putting up with bullshit caused by hood rats and report nonsense that goes on your block, file numerous 311 complaints with quality of life issues instead of either just ignoring it and expecting someone else to do it, hold your damn asshole elected officials responsible (they were put into office, make them work for their paycheck) and start putting some better people in leadership positions as opposed to the same old ghetto gangsta politicians who do jack shit for the community.
JUST have some damn pride and respect for you community instead of constantly turning into some third world low-class ghetto mess, which is what Jamaica is. I mean just look around, you don’t see predominately white communities looking like this, that is because those communities have pride and respect for where they live.
Folks, it is your community and because of where we live,especially in Jamaica/SE Queens with low-class ghetto folks, slumlords and shady businesses doing whatever they want, you must be vigilant and file 311 complaints, OFTEN. If you can take photos, better and then send them to your asshole elected leaders and write to agency commissioners on line. You can also send me (email@example.com) your photos/problems with locations and I will post them on my blog. Some 311 complaints like illegal conversions and unsecured fences, allow you to upload photos.
Remember you can be anonymous if you wish, but I suggest not to, but that is your choice.
So use this and pass this information on to all concerned citizens who WANT TO TAKE BACK THEIR COMMUNITIES & STOP THE BULLSHIT. Stop being a damn walking stereotype.
So instead of whining about “gentrification” or “colonization”, take care of your fucking community. Take some damn responsibility for yourself instead of blaming everyone else, unless you want to be:
Here is where to do that for some of the various quality of life issues.
- Broken, uneven or damage sidewalk: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/423/how-do-i-report-a-broken-raised-or-uneven-sidewalk
2. Abandoned vehicles/trucks parked too long with plates or without plates: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/989/abandoned-vehicle
3. Illegal conversions & houses ( I had DOB shut down two in my area and watched as the riff-raff were all escorted out): http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1891/illegal-building-conversion-or-occupancy-complaint
4. Garbage complaints from overflowing cans, uncovered garbage cans, household garbage in public cans, dirty sidewalks, illegal posters, garbage strewn vacant lots, etc: http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/dsny/contact/complaints.shtml
5. Unsecured Fence: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1651/fence-complaint
6. Illegal Truck driving on residential streets: https://www1.nyc.gov/apps/311universalintake/form.htm?serviceName=NYPD+Traffic+Truck+Route+Violation
7. Continuous playing of music from Ice Cream Trucks while parked: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/3019/noise-from-ice-cream-truck
8. Various Noise Complaints from churches to neighbors: http://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/faq/323/does-nyc-have-noise-rules
9. Report Vacant “Zombie” Homes: http://dfs.ny.gov/
You should also write a complaint on line to the various department’s commissioners AND OFTEN. Easy to do, I do it all the time, when I file a 311 complaint. Here are the various commissioner’s.
- Department of Transportation Commissioner Polly Trottenberg (sidewalk & road conditions, illegal truck driving complaints, businesses blocking sidewalks with merchandise displays, cars, etc ): http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/contact/contact-form.shtml
2. Department of Sanitation Commissioner Kathyrn Garcia: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildos.html
3. Department of Buildings Commisssioner Rick Chandler (shady construction, illegal conversions, fences falling down, storing commercial vehicles on residential property) : http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildob.html
4. NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton: http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/mailnypd.html
5. Department of Environment Protection Emily Lloyd (noise like ice cream trucks & churches, noisy manhole covers, hazardous materials, air quality from polluting waste stations in your area): http://www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildep.html
6. Mayor’s Office (ALL ISSUES) : http://www.nyc.gov/html/static/pages/officeofthemayor/contact.shtml
Of course, you should know who your elected officials are and community board and email them or call them as well.
- Find your community board: http://www.nyc.gov/html/cau/html/cb/cb.shtml
2. Find your City Council Member: http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml
3. Find your Assembly Member: http://assembly.state.ny.us/
4. Find your Senator: https://www.nysenate.gov/senators-committees
5. Find your Congress Member: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/NY
Here are some media contacts if your issue is not being resolved.
- WPIX Help Me Howard: http://pix11.com/contact-help-me-howard/
2. WPIX Arnold Diaz: WhataShame@pix11.com
3. WPIX Greg Mocker: MOCKER@PIX11.COM
4. WPIX Monica Morales: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. NY1: 212-379-3599. Also online at http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/contact-us.html. Choose CONTACT A SPECIFIC DEPARTMENT, NY1 for your assistance.
PASS THIS ALONG.